Summer Camp USA - Jobs
Water Water Everywhere
Most camps are based on a lake / beach / pool so water plays a major part in camp life.
It is also incredibly enjoyable and arguably where some of the best jobs are…
Camp Directors want dedicated and knowledgeable staff on the waterfront.
You need to be enthusiastic and prepared to go the extra mile.
As a Waterfront Specialist you could be teaching any of the following:
- Waterski Instructor
- Paddle boarding
- Supervising a range of fun activities such as Larking about in inflatables.
- Are you a Strong Swimmer, Diligent, Observant? If you have NPLQ/RLSS certification, ASA Level 2 swimming teacher, American Red Cross / even an expired lifeguarding qualification then camps would love to hear from you. If you are not qualified then don’t worry, its not too late
- (if you have a Powerboat licence or qualified to manage dingy, small boats you will be snapped up!)
- believe it or not many campers go to camp unable to swim and many leave with this valuable skillset under their belt. You can be part of this journey with them and teach a skill they can take with them for life.
Arts and Crafts
It’s a total chill out time. Getting lost in making bowls, frames, jewellery, basket weaving, is the perfect way to take time out and relax.
As an Arts and Crafts Teacher
you don’t need to be Leonardo da Vinci just have a creative streak and a keen interest. It also helps if you gladly walk around with glitter all over you and paint on your face!
This is often offered at camp and if you have any experience in or are pursing an Arts/Design/Foundation course, be sure to highlight your skills in this area
Pottery and clay are a must at summer camp. So why not get your hands dirty and guide the campers in creating some amazing pots and vases for their friends and family back home.
Performing and Creative Arts
This can range from
- Hip Hop and all kinds of dancing
- DJ-ing for the evening parties
- Teaching /playing musical instruments
- Amateur drama productions at camp.
All of these activities make the camp experience unique for all involved and make for lifelong memories
Sports, Sports, Sports…..
- CALLING ALL SPORTS ENTHUSIASTS
- Go Karting
- Horse Riding
- And much more …..
….if you have a serious interest in, and enjoy coaching a particular activity then you should consider specialising in this area for your time at camp.
You don’t need to be qualified just seriously interested in the sport personally.
- White Water Rafting
- Camping outdoors
all of these activities need enthusiastic leaders so if you have an interest/experience in any outdoor adventurous activity, be sure to highlight this.